West Virginia Credit Union League 2018 Bankruptcy & Collection Conference
May 9 & May 10, 2018 | 9:00 am to 4:00 pm each day
Please note that registration/check-in will begin at 8:30 am each day
Bankruptcy Recovery and Collections
Collection Conference – May 9th, Bankruptcy Conference – May 10th
The two-day Collections and Bankruptcy Conference is designed to expand your knowledge of legal issues with collections and bankruptcy to keep your credit unions collection practices sound. Be sure your bankruptcy and collections team is ready to help the credit union weather today’s economic storm. This conference walks you through the complicated world of collections and bankruptcy in an easy to understand format. The topics will be continually updated to keep pace with rapidly changing regulatory issues. Whether you’re a first-time or repeat attendee, you’ll discover practical ideas and creative tools for effective bankruptcy recovery and maximizing collections.
Who Should Attend
Presidents/CEOs/managers, loan officers, credit committee members/volunteers, collection officers, compliance officers, and any other credit union staff responsible for minimizing the credit union’s exposure to bankruptcy losses, collections, or lending in general would benefit from these seminars.
Frank Drake, Attorney at Law
Frank Drake concentrates his practice in the areas of creditors’ rights, creditors’ bankruptcy, and commercial litigation. Frank has worked with credit unions, banking and financial institutions, consumer and commercial lenders, and student loan agencies to enforce contracts, minimize losses, and fight fraud. As federal regulatory compliance has become increasingly complex, he also assists lenders with difficult compliance issues.
He has more than 30 years of legal experience. He was first admitted to practice law in Kentucky in 1978. Since then he has been admitted to practice in North Carolina and West Virginia. In Kentucky he was active in drafting statutory law on judgments and garnishments, the design and use of that state’s judgment execution forms, and policies and procedures concerning foreign judgment registration and land records docketing.
- Online at wvcul.org (Preferred Method)
- Complete and fax registration form to 304-485-0573
- Registration/Cancellation Deadline: April 27, 2018
- Mail registration to: 411 Cedar Grove Rd. Parkersburg, WV 26104
- Contact Keith Rhodes at 800-642-1946 for more information.
- If you have a physical or medical condition requiring special attention, please advise us so we can make proper arrangements. Room temperatures vary, so please bring a light jacket or sweater.
When and Where
- Four Points by Sheraton Charleston, WV
- Lodging available on May 8th and May 9th (Limited room block available)
- Located at 600 Kanawha Boulevard East ~ Charleston, WV 25301
Reserve your room early
- Lodging costs will be $119.00 per room per night.
- To reserve a room at this rate, please make your reservation by April 8th, 2018 by calling 304-344-4092. (No sales tax will be charged if paid by a credit card issued in the credit union’s name and the Tax Exemption Letter)
- You must use identify yourself as part of the West Virginia Credit Union League group when making reservations to get the discounted rate. All reservations must be guaranteed with a major credit card.
- $199.00 per person for each one-day session
- Includes materials, lunch, and refreshments