2018 Deposit Conference
September 11 & 12, 2018 9:00 am to 4:00 pm
Charleston Marriott Town Center, Charleston, WV
Please note that registration/check-in will begin at 8:30 am each day.
West Virginia Deposit Accounts–September 11th
The West Virginia Deposit Accounts conference will look at all the state legal issues on ownership and documentation of the accounts for personal, business, estate and trust accounts. We will look at your current procedures to open and document accounts to make sure your procedures are protecting your credit union.
- Account card issues
- Types of ownership: individual, joint, organization and business accounts
- Special Accounts: living trusts, estates, UTMA, social security representative payees, POD/Totten trusts, agency, escrow & public funds
- Powers of Attorney
- Deceased member issues
- Elder Abuse Awareness and Prevention
- How to identify the person opening the account
Deposit Compliance Issues/BSA-September 12th
An introduction into deposit compliance issues facing new accounts and tellers, this session will focus on federal deposit regulations for the front line point of view.
- Truth in Savings (NCUA Part 707)
- Expedited Funds Availability (Regulation CC)
- Electronic Fund Transfers (Regulation E)
- Reserve Requirements (Regulation D)
- Bank Secrecy Act, including CIP and new Customer Due Diligence rules
Gaye DeCesare is Vice President of Compliance for CU Works Compliance. With over 35 years of experience in the credit union industry, Gaye has knowledge of and practical experience in almost every area of credit union operations. Specializing primarily in compliance for almost 30 years, she served on the NAFCU Compliance Standards and Practices Commission that developed the NCCO certification program. In addition to holding the NCCO designation, she is also a CUNA-certified CU Compliance Expert (CUCE) and BSA Compliance Specialist (BSACS). Gaye is a member of Global Women's Leadership Network (GWLN), which connects and empowers credit union women from around the world
- Online at www.wvcul.org (preferred)
- Complete and fax registration form to 304-485-0573
- Registration/Cancellation deadline: August 28, 2018
- Mail registration to: 411 Cedar Grove Rd. Parkersburg, WV 26104
- Contact Keith Rhodes at 800-642-1946 for more information.
- If you have a physical or medical condition requiring special attention, please advise us so we can make proper arrangements. Room temperatures vary, so please bring a light jacket or sweater.
When and Where
- Charleston Marriott Town Center - September 11th & 12th
- Lodging available on September 10th and 11th (Limited room block available)
- Located at 200 Lee Street East ~ Charleston ~ West Virginia 25301
Reserve your room early
- Lodging costs will be $129.00 per room per night.
- To reserve a room at this rate, please make your reservation by August 13, 2018 by calling (304) 345-6500. (No sales tax will be charged if paid by a credit card issued in the credit union’s name and the Tax Exemption Letter including both the State & City tax exemption certificates.)
- You must use identify yourself as part of the West Virginia Credit Union League LUC group when making reservations to get the discounted rate. All reservations must be guaranteed with a major credit card.
- Here is the reservation link guests can use to make online reservations: Book your group rate for WV Credit Union League Meeting