West Virginia Credit Union League together with Ascensus presents an IRA Learning Event
September 27 & September 28, 2018 | 9:00 am to 4:30 pm
Please note that registration/check-in will begin at 8:30 am each day
IRA Essentials – September 27
IRA Essentials gives attendees a solid foundation of IRA knowledge. Exercises are included throughout the day to help participants apply information to job-related situations. Attendees will leave this session able to work with IRA owners and process basic IRA transactions with confidence. This is a beginner's session; no previous IRA knowledge is assumed. The trainer will utilize real-world exercises to help participants apply information to job-related situations. Those attending should bring a hand-held calculator.
- Introduction to IRAs
- Establishing an IRA
- IRA Distributions
- Tax Reporting
Advanced IRAs – September 28
Advanced IRAs builds on the learners’ knowledge of IRA basics to help them address some of the more complex IRA issues they handle at the credit union. This is an advanced session; previous IRA knowledge is assumed. The trainer will utilize real-world exercises to help participants apply information to job-related situations. Those attending should bring a hand-held calculator. Topics covered are:
- IRA Benefits
- IRA Tax Reporting and Withholding
- IRA Transactions
- Required Minimum Distributions
- Processing an IRA Death Claim
Please bring a handheld calculator
IRA Training Professional
Andrew Ostlund is an IRA Specialist with the ERISA Department at Ascensus. He consults nationally with credit unions, banks, and financial institutions regarding IRAs, health savings accounts, and Coverdell education savings accounts. In addition to his consulting duties, Mr. Ostlund is also involved with presenting technical webinars to Ascensus clients. Andrew joined Ascensus in 2016 with 20 years of financial services industry experience as a financial advisor, financial educator, trainer, and seminar presenter. He has a Bachelor’s degree in pastoral studies from the University of Northwestern, a Master’s degree in public affairs from the University of Minnesota, and is currently working towards his Master’s in business administration at the University of Northwestern.
Ascensus is the largest independent retirement and college savings services provider in the United States, helping over 6 million Americans save for the future. With more than 30 years of experience, the firm partners with financial institutions to offer tailored solutions that meet the needs of financial professionals, employers, and individuals. For more information about Ascensus, visit www.ascensus.com
- Online at www.wvcul.org
- Complete and fax registration form to 304-485-0573
- Mail registration to: 411 Cedar Grove Rd. Parkersburg, WV 26104
- Registration/Cancellation Deadline: September 17, 2017.
- No refunds after this date, substitutions accepted at any time
- Contact Keith Rhodes at 800-642-1946 for more information.
- If you have a physical/medical condition requiring special attention, please advise so we can make arrangements. Room temperatures vary, so please bring a light jacket or sweater.
When and Where
- Holiday Inn and Suites Charleston West
- Lodging available on Sept. 26 and Sept. 27 (Limited room block available)
- Located at 400 Second Avenue ~ Charleston, WV 25303
Reserve your room early
- · Lodging costs will be $99.00 per room per night.
- To reserve a room at this rate, please make your reservation by August 29, 2018 by calling (304) 744-4671. (No sales tax will be charged if paid by a credit card issued in the credit union’s name and the Tax Exemption Letter including both the State & City tax exemption certificates.)
- You must use identify yourself as part of the West Virginia Credit Union League group when making reservations to get the discounted rate. All reservations must be guaranteed with a major credit card.
- $199.00 per person for each one-day session
- Includes materials, lunch, and refreshments