West Virginia Credit Union League together with Ascensus presents an IRA Learning Event
September 28 & September 29, 2017 | 9:00 am to 4:30 pm
Please note that registration/check-in will begin at 8:30 am each day
IRA Essentials – September 28
IRA Essentials gives attendees a solid foundation of IRA knowledge. Exercises are included throughout the day to help participants apply information to job-related situations. Attendees will leave this session able to work with IRA owners and process basic IRA transactions with confidence. This is a beginner's session; no previous IRA knowledge is assumed. The trainer will utilize real-world exercises to help participants apply information to job-related situations. Those attending should bring a hand-held calculator.
- Introduction to IRAs
- Establishing an IRA
- IRA Distributions
- Tax Reporting
Advanced IRAs – September 29
Advanced IRAs builds on the learners’ knowledge of IRA basics to help them address some of the more complex IRA issues they handle at the credit union. This is an advanced session; previous IRA knowledge is assumed. The trainer will utilize real-world exercises to help participants apply information to job-related situations. Those attending should bring a hand-held calculator. Topics covered are:
- IRA Benefits
- IRA Tax Reporting and Withholding
- IRA Transactions
- Required Minimum Distributions
- Processing an IRA Death Claim
IRA Training Professional
Tammy Schultz, Training Consultant
Tammy has been with Ascensus for 22 years. She has extensive experience with IRAs, ESAs, HSAs, and employer-sponsored retirement plans. She is actively involved with technical document reviews and updates to Ascensus forms and seminar materials.
She serves as a primary instructor for many of the Ascensus IRA, ESA, HSA, and employer-sponsored retirement plan national seminars.
Ascensus is the largest independent retirement and college savings services provider in the United States, helping over 6 million Americans save for the future. With more than 30 years of experience, the firm partners with financial institutions to offer tailored solutions that meet the needs of financial professionals, employers, and individuals. For more information about Ascensus, visit www.ascensus.com
- Online at www.wvcul.org
- Complete and fax registration form to 304-485-0573
- Mail registration to: 411 Cedar Grove Rd. Parkersburg, WV 26104
- Registration/Cancellation Deadline: September 18, 2017.
- No refunds after this date, substitutions accepted at any time
- Contact Keith Rhodes at 800-642-1946 for more information.
- If you have a physical/medical condition requiring special attention, please advise so we can make arrangements. Room temperatures vary, so please bring a light jacket or sweater.
When and Where
- Holiday Inn and Suites
- Lodging available on Sept. 27 and Sept. 28 (Limited room block available)
- Located at 400 Second Avenue ~ Charleston, WV 25303
Reserve your room early
- Lodging costs will be $102.00 per room per night (No sales tax will be charged if paid by a credit card issued in the credit union’s name and the Tax Exemption Letter).
- To reserve a room at this rate, please make your reservation by August 30, 2017 by calling 1-304-744-4641. You must use the WV Credit Union League meeting name when making reservations to get the discounted rate.
- $189.00 per person for each one-day session
- Includes materials, lunch, and refreshments